Gladiator "Thraex" finished...

by Roman aka jar

posted by roman, jarhead, kong

"The time has come - fight with honor and die the same!"

During all projects for the Duke of Bavaria i also did finish my first 90 mm Figure, a Gladiator "Thraex" by Pegaso.

It really took a while to paint this guy to finish and i am thankful to all my friends for their hints and tips they showed me during the paintwork. I did not really concentrate on the historical correctness of the chosen colours, indeed i did choose to use the colours i love from the series "Spartacus - Blood and Sand" or "Spartacus - Gods of the Arena", a series i really enjoyed watching.

I did use a lot of paint on him and learned so much about painting with Oil colours. Now it is about time to start writing the big oil article. When the model came to an end i did reposition it again at the base with a more dynamical pose, like jumping into the fight as there is no running or hiding place it is best to be the first. This guy is going through his most epic moment in his life and i've tried to catch it. I am very happy about winning a silver medal in historical master at this years Duke of Bavaria with my display.  If you want to know more about the Gladiator class "Thraex" please follow this link to Wikipedia. I hope you like him - let me know what you think. You can also find him at the big voting arena. I really have to admit that i love to paint on such large scaled miniatures, i can use a big brush and my eyes don't hurt of too small details - hehe, i am getting older maybe or maybe not :)

Gladiator Thraex
Pegaso, 90 mm

___________________________
This miniature is for Sale,
contact me via
jarhead---at---massivevoodoo---dot---com
 to get more information.



On Saturday morning, shorty before we travelled to Ingolstadt i was able to take some bad photos of the Arkvenger which i did finish on comission. There was way too much morning sun and the model did not fix into the light box and additional we were all very tired because of no sleep. So the photos are not the best. I will try to get some more final photos as there is still a Step by Step ahead of this model.



Some additional Work in Progress talk:

After my workbench is ready again after our Work Camp i already did start some new projects and start to finish old ones. Here are some Work in Progress photos of things out of the magic machine, still early Wip:



 I am slowly coming up to date with answering my emails - soon i'll be fully back on track, i ask a little more patience to those still waiting. The sea is calming finally and i am hurrying with my little canoe...

Read you soon i guess and keep on happy painting!
Best Regards

Roman

Comments:

There are 8 Kommentare for Gladiator "Thraex" finished...

Post a Comment